Home-based services for young families to promote supportive environments that optimize child growth and development and encourage resilient, healthy families.
To promote supportive environments that optimize child growth and development and encourage resilient, healthy families.
- Parents are the first and most important teachers a child will have.
- A parent is the best authority to determine family needs.
- All families have strengths which need to be recognized.
- Every child should reach his or her potential.
- Services should begin early to support the needs of the family.
- Developmental screens to ensure that kids are on track
- Access to baby supplies and toys
- Resources and information for the whole family
- Family activities including special events like Breakfast with Santa and Zoo Day
- Safety and baby proofing information and aids
- Assistance with transportation, budgeting, schooling, discipline, childcare, and more
This program is a free and voluntary prevention program that is part of the larger initiative of Healthy Families Indiana and Healthy Families America.
Healthy Families provides services for new parents that promote positive parenting and child health and development, thereby preventing child abuse and poor childhood outcomes.
Offered For Wells, Huntington and Grant County ResidentsHealthy Families Form (PDF)
If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the program, please contact the Program Coordinator below: