A program that matches young mothers with mentors to provide support, education, and friendship, while striving to encourage positive parenting and life skills.
To offer support, education, and friendship to new mothers. We strive to encourage positive parenting and life skills by matching moms with mentors who are trained, supervised and supported.
- Matches mothers one-on-one with an adult volunteer “mentor” mom who offers friendship, guidance, encouragement, and support.
- Attempts to address in a very personal and supportive way the problems and issues of everyday living and the challenges of parenting young children.
- Helps a mother explore new options, problem-solve, and make life affirming goals and choices for her and her child.
- The mentor and mother get together once a week.
- A monthly meeting is planned for all the participants and their mentors. The meeting provides a safe environment for the exchange of information of interest to new mothers. Childcare and a meal are provided at no cost.
- Participants of the program must be parenting or currently expecting a child.
- Volunteer mentors must be a mother who is at least 21 years old, have a car, and adequate automobile insurance.
Download An ApplicationVolunteer Mentor Application (PDF)Mentee Application (PDF)
If you or someone you know is interested in participating in the program, please contact the Program Coordinator below: